FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Location, Location, Location!
View Single Post
Old Jul 9, 2014, 11:53 am
jbcarioca

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
Originally Posted by idaud
I might check out the Naumi hotel - any views on this?

It's right around the corner from the Intercon apparently and so presumably benefits from a great location but looks like it has a more boutiquey feel - might just tick the box.

Wan1dap, Hawaiio, jpatokal - does that sound like a plan? You all seem confident that the location fits my bill and your descriptions sound promising - ie mixture of locals and tourists, "local" food as well as malls close by etc. Plenty of street side action/ people traffic etc as I walk out of the hotel right? Are there cafes etc outside the malls as well or just in them?

Thanks everyone - all these specific questions WILL make my choice of location a better one I am sure - just want to get the most out of my trip and hate it when following the status quo ends up in a lesser experience.
I stayed in the Naumi last year and loved it. It definitely has a 'boutiquey' feel and is very well located. I'd suspect children might be more comfortable in the Raffles because there is so much one area to explore there, but I do not know your children. In that area three are lots of odd places to find.

If you're inclined towards Naumi style you might take a look at Naumi Liora in Chinatown. It is far more atmospheric that the other ones on your list, and a blast to be around. Friends stay there every time they go to Singapore and I've been there with them. This is a four star but it is an unforgettable experience if you've willingness to stay away from 'antiseptic Singapore'.

http://www.naumiliora.com/?trkid=V1A...sYoaAhsi8P8HAQ

Despite my earlier comments about orchard Road, I have stayed all over Singapore and frankly find almost anywhere quite agreeable. Surprises come when you're out of the ordinary, though, thus I think of the Liora.