FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific First to New York, & a sombre visit to the 9/11 Memorial Museum (CX F)
Old Jul 8, 2014, 11:28 am
roastpuff

Programs: Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by worldtraveller73
Thank you roastpuff. I believe the Cathay YVR-JFK-YVR route is the only long haul route without the caviar (unless it's been enhanced off the other route with the menu re-organization).
The other flights should have caviar still, but no more salmon with the caviar.
Hairpiece - what I meant to say here was that the contents for both the men and women amenity kits were exactly the same, despite being packaged in different packages. Ermenegildo Zegna case for men, Trussardi for the women, contents of each identical.
I think he was confused by the spelling of Ermenegildo Zegna, which is quite the tricky first name to spell.

And I agree - the US tipping culture is just silly and inane. Good service I will usually tip 20%. Bad service I will tip 10% or less. 15% for average service. No more, no less. Tipping is an extra appreciation on the part of the patron - it should not be calculated into the wage of the server, hence that rule in the USA is very stupid and short-sighted on the business owners. Tipping should not be how the majority of your income is made.