FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Suggestion: Implement Entry Requirement for Manufactured Spending Forum
Old Jul 8, 2014, 8:59 am
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by CMK10
After reading the first 15 posts in this thread (since moved to OMNI) I am convinced something has to be done about the MS Forum. When I heard "snark" I figured on the level of the DL/UA forums but this seems worse.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/omni/...mber-here.html
That thread was more an Omni thread to begin with, and the MS folk were saying the first few posts it should get switched to Omni. In looking at the MS forum that's not the norm in terms of content for threads located there.

FWIW - I've noticed in some threads I see in the hotel/airline forums that it's established members who are being snarky more than newbies. Not exactly welcoming

I was thinking about the beginner/advanced split again & besides the cons I related above, it occurred to me that it would be a bit hard to figure out the split. Let's say on the Citibank thing (using that as an example; have no idea if it fits). Since both newbies & oldtimers might be trying to take advantage of the promo, the topic would technically be in both forums. So do you have something that says well up to this point we'll provide info in the newbie one, but you won't have access to the more advanced part of it until you get to the other. How logistically would that even work?

I did look at another thread when on the MS forum that I thought might be of interest to me, & being a good FTer decided to read the wiki first before asking any questions. I didn't understand 95% of the wiki So I can see where some might ask beginner questions in the threads.

Cheers.