FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Location, Location, Location!
View Single Post
Old Jul 8, 2014, 7:47 am
idaud

It's interesting that one of the takes on the Marina is that it's dull - without ever having been there that was my concern ie that it was a bit expat focused and not "real". I say that but on the basis of other advice that I've had and my description of what I want some have said that I should focus my search on the areas of City hall, Bugis and the Marina. The Fairmont and Swissotel keep being mentioned but as far as hotels go they've been completely dismissed as true luxury options in the luxury hotels forum as has the Intercontinental (all which I can understand). I might have to compromise on the standard of hotel for location I think apart from if I head to the Fullerton Bay which gives me a bit of both it seems?

I am being specifically particular on this trip because I have limited time in Singapore and want to make the most of it. Yes I can get a cab/MRT anywhere and I will but I want to take in the best of/most authentic of Singapore whilst I'm there without having to do much more than maybe cross a road.

Thanks for your advice so far - keep it coming! And if you know of any good maps which give me a sense of where all these places you are suggesting are, that would be great.