FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Location, Location, Location!
View Single Post
Old Jul 8, 2014, 6:33 am
jbcarioca

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
I still opt for Orchard Road, but I admit that is partly out of habit (40 years worth) but also because there are more options within walking distance than are anywhere else. I personally am particle to the St. Regis, which has a sumptuous breakfast (but all the good hotels do) and also free parking. Most people don;t care about free parking and you might not. I drive in Singapore because I also frequent some harder to access areas. both residential and business.

A 10 minute walk gets you to Dempsey for Long Beach, as well as all the variety of Orchard Road itself.

I do agree with other posters on other choices, but none of them have equivalent ease of countless options as does Orchard Road.

Perhaps others may disagree but I have not yet found a five star hotel in Singapore that was not to my liking. Their styles differ, to be sure, but I think you probably know the styles without us commenting. If yours is purely touristic there is always raffles, which still is quite glorious if you can be in the most traditional parts. I stay there every couple of years for a day or two when I have a desire to emulate colonial style. Even though I prefer Orchard Road variety every other five star location still has considerable options within walking distance IME.

So, I'd argue the choice depends on your stylistic, shopping and touristic preferences rather than anything different.