FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MileagePlus Explorer priority boarding(?) experiences if CC not used for purchase
Old Jul 7, 2014, 12:53 am
IAH-OIL-TRASH
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by kpbadger
...Honestly, I really don't expect to get anywhere. I'll have zone 3 on every remaining United flight and all are on regional jets, so the practical difference is small. I'll just cancel the card before the one year renewal and generally become a disgruntled internet reviewer posting 1-star reviews of the card as many places as I can find to do so.
This isn't the end of the world and certainly isn't worth all the time you've put in to it. Just show the card as you board with Group 2. It's that simple. You are not "disrupting" the boarding process, you"re just boarding with your appropriate group.

The problem arose solely on any ticket (or tickets) you purchased prior to obtaining card. Any tickets purchased subsequently to getting the card will not generate the problem, so I'm not sure canceling the card is particularly useful if you do so when the problem you're annoyed with has gone away.