FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MileagePlus Explorer priority boarding(?) experiences if CC not used for purchase
Old Jul 6, 2014, 11:45 pm
Tchiowa
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
Originally Posted by kpbadger
I'm having some trouble with United honoring the priority boarding benefit of the Mileage Plus Explorer card. I booked two United round trips with other credit cards prior to getting the MP card. I called UA when the card showed up and confirmed that the card was associated with my MP account and that the MP information for both reservations was current. (And I'm well aware that I don't get a free checked bag because [I]that[I] requires you to use the MP card to book the reservation.)
Here is my suspicion. You make the reservation and pay for it. You put you MP number in the reservation. But you don't have the card yet so the reservation isn't flagged for priority. You get the card. You link the card to your MP account. But that doesn't change the reservation. So your new perks aren't recorded to that reservation.

You have a boarding group number on your boarding pass. You probably should have gone to the GA and asked them to change your group, which they could do manually.