FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jul 6, 2014, 6:11 pm
AKCuisine

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by jpdx
IMO, it's not worth using a DSU here. The suites have a rather bizarre layout, are located at the end of the buildings, with a lot of wasted space, and no or obstructed view of the harbor. I've had them numerous times and can't remember ever using the living room area. Now, I need to say that I generally prefer large room "junior suites" to suites with several tiny rooms (and I realize not everybody has that preference), but I think the rooms adjacent to the suite are the better option. You'll want the harbor view side, and as high up as possible; I'll take an xx08 room over a DSU suite any day.
Excellent information - thank you. I stayed at the Grand Hyatt HKG last year and have a tentative booking there for later this year. But recently I've been toying with staying at the GH Tsim Sha Tsui in order to get a different perspective on the area. This was one of the posts that is swaying my opinion. Now I'm leaning toward using points for a regular room rather than book a paid stay and using a DSU.

Also, it was terrific to read previous posts about having a complimentary phone to use during ones stay. Is that just a Diamond perk is it something the hotel offers to all guests?