FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Discussion: 10 Suite Night Awards (SNAs) for Plats with 50 nights in calendar year
Old Jul 6, 2014, 3:12 pm
Sierraraven34

Programs: SPG Platinum
Unhappy SNA "pending" yet rooms are available??

I've followed the SPG forum for years but this is my first post!

I'm a loyal SPG member - I always stay at SPG properties when I travel for business and pleasure. As a result, I have been a platinum members for a few years now.

I booked five night at the Sheraton Fallsview Niagara Falls, ON and I applied five of my Suite Night Award credits to the stay, in order to get a corner, Fallsview suite. I've stayed in one before and they are really nice. My stay in coming up in four days, and yesterday I received a note from SPG saying that my SNA request was "pending" - if a room became available, I would get it. Well, I called the Platinum concierge desk a few days ago to see what my chances would be and I was told that there were lots of those rooms still available. I called again yesterday and was told the same thing - still quite a few of the corner suites available, not to mention a couple of other suites as well. When I asked why my SNA request was still showing "pending" instead of "confirmed", I was told that each property was different and my apply the SNA on different time schedules. I'll admit that I booked my stay using points, but that should not have any bearing on whether my SNA request should be honoured. I know the property has until the day before to confirm, but if rooms are available, should they not have to offer it to me without waiting (perhaps for someone to book it using cash?)

Has this happened to anyone else, particularly at the Sheraton Fallsview Niagara Falls, Ontario?

Thanks!