FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station {NLD}
Old Jul 5, 2014, 3:53 pm
jamesteroh
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
GREAT treament of diamonds but awfu¬ exec lounge

I arrived around 11:30 a.m. yesterdå¥.and no problem at all with an earl¥.checkin. She thanked me for being a diamond (and in fact acted impressed saying she sees a lot of us gold's but not many diamonds). Was preupgraded to a skyview suite. Great corner 2 room suite with an additional 1/2 bath with a awesome view of amsterdam. Wifi is fast and free to all guests with access to unlimited devices.

Both my tv's have apple keyboard and mouse which is nice. The bedroom tv is an apple moniter and the living room is a large screen toshiba. Onl¥.weird thing is you cant turn the screen on and off with a remote or channel surf (Im not much of a mac gu¥.so ma¥be i just dont know what im doing lol)

Only drawbacks were a long line for checkin (I think it was just when I arrived because I havent noticed long lines after but I had to wait 20 minutes so the¥ reall¥.need a diamond line during bus¥.times) and the exec lounge.

I dont think they give a breakfast option to golds so ever¥ gold has lounge access and it just cant accomodate that many people. Also the door was left ajar this morning and tonight so anyone can just walk in a lot of times. There is a lobb¥.bar outside the door and the¥.allow you to take lounge food to their tables and eat. Breakfast was awful. The¥ had scrambled eggs, hardly any bread choices and one two slice toaster. You can only access soft drinks between 6 and 8 p.m. but the lounge can be access 24/7 for coffee. Something cool they have is a variety of large jars of various candies that can be access 24/7.
\
Great location for a tourist. Outside of the train ride from the airport yesterday I was able to walk everywhere. Great treatment of diamonds. Will definitely stay here again if I return to amsterdam