FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First time with PreCheck
View Single Post
Old Jul 5, 2014, 2:45 pm
N1120A

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Originally Posted by TricoReue
Okay, happily I got PreCheck (and will likely do so everytime I fly thanks to my employer). But this being my first time, I'm somewhat confused on the laptop policy with PreCheck, especially at places that may not have a dedicated PreCheck lane. Can the laptop stay in, regardless of whether it's one of those special TSA friendly laptop bags, or will it need to come out?

Thanks for the advice.
It stays in, unless you are doing expedited (terminals where they don't have room for a dedicated lane, or when a PreCheck lane is closed). Then it comes out, but usually you can keep your freedom baggie in.

Originally Posted by TricoReue
Often1 and beckoa, thanks for the info. So for now laptop gets to stay.

Although unfortunately, Pre-Check or no Pre-Check, my boots will need to come off if I go through a metal detector, the steel shank has a tendency to set those things off.
You'd be surprised on the boots thing.

Originally Posted by BH62
And even if you have PreCheck & there *is* a PreCheck lane, the magical randomizer sometimes will send you to a regular lane. Happened to me at SEA a few weeks ago, but at least I could use the Premier/1K/Whatever lane rather than the mob scene lane. Otherwise, scored PreCheck on all trips so far this year.
What randomizer?