FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does AA Release New International Awards Over Time?
Old Jul 5, 2014, 8:31 am
knick1959

Does AA Release New International Awards Over Time?

Hi,

I've seen the award availability on domestic flights change mutiple times a week, on occassion, but the international flight I am watching doesn't seem to be doing anything.

I've acquired one flight from CLE to LIM (Business class) in April of next year on SAVER points. I need a second, and I've been watching every day to see if availabilty chances. Even looking at the 2 segments individually. Nothing so far.

I do have enough for a "Anytime" ticket in waiting, in case I never do see the Saver award I want come up. My questions are of feasibility and timing.

Am I being too optimistic that a new Business Saver award might pop up in the 9 months up to my desired flight? Are the chances non-existent, slim or good? If there is a chance, when might it show up (I'm assuming much closer to departure date)?

If there is a chance that a new Bus Saver award might pop up, what's safe for waiting before I just blow 65k on an Anytime award? I've checked flights a week or 2 out and they don't seem to be full. However, not getting my wife on the flight with me might be bad for my health .

Thanks in advance.