FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Executive AA MasterCard [October 2013 - September 2014]
Old Jul 4, 2014, 9:03 pm
ZzzzX

Originally Posted by aceofcards
I read mentions of this but not sure of what the result was:

For people denied for the 8/65 day rule, if you call back in a few days when the 65 days are definitely up, is there a chance for recon and approval? I applied on day 63 and I got the message saying your app requires further processing, I called in and she said that it was denied because it was within 60 days. I'm sure that it wasn't within 60 days though. When I called again, he said the same thing but he also said that they didn't pull my credit because of the automatic denial by the system, does that mean I can just reapply in like 2 days when the 65 days are up??
I tried that and it didn't work. Tried 3 different reps on the first denial. One said she couldn't do anything because the system had already denied my app for too many recent (within 60) apps. And she said the system only allowed two apps within 60 days, but if I waited a little and tried another app, it would be different. I did, waited until after 65 and no dice. Another denial. Now I REALLY have to wait until September to try again. :-( so, if I were you, I wouldn't risk the hard pull.