FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Serve - Another Paypal/Amazon Payments.
View Single Post
Old Jul 4, 2014, 12:31 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ericdabbs
I am thinking based on what you said that there are ways around this if it wont let you load consecutive $500 loads. Just need to experiment with it.
Post 4867

Originally Posted by forever1001
Don't do this. It will freeze your transaction and the REGISTER. It took the employee nearly 10 minutes to unfreeze it.
Post 4875 directly replied to the "thought to experiment".

Anybody who is jealous of being able to load at FD...don't. Its more of a hassle than it is a benefit. The POS machines are way too sensitive and if you try to load Serve with 2 $500 transactions consecutive (1 $500 transaction with Serve A card and 1 $500 transaction with Serve B card) even though they are different Serve cards, the system will flag it as fraud and won't let you do it even though it was 10 minutes apart. That is the most disturbing thing about it. I get it if FD wants to limit $500/day per Serve card but when they start imposing in general no 2 $500 loads in a row even though they are different Serve cards it is just ridiculous.
You have been warned. Someone posted to your "experiment" post.

Originally Posted by FTRox87
but think about it this way: this is a dollar store we're talking about. they are NOT used to huge transactions. hell, $1k might be total sales for many stores. for those stores out in the boonies, that might represent a cpl days or even a weeks worth of sales.

you can expect FD to come charging out of the gates. they are not WM or Target and are not used to seeing such numbers. all we can do is train em and eventually, hopefully FD will raise its limits once they/their banks/insurance/compliance/legal depts all get comfortable with folks loading day in and day out.
This!

Yeah but the problem is that it is not differentiating between Serve cards. I get it if FD wants to limit it to $500/day per Serve card that is fine with me. However when I swipe using my other Serve card, the system should assume that I am a completely different person. The system reads a different Serve card number and a different debit card number. It shouldn't assume that it is the same person. This scenario can be reality where there are back to back folks who are different customers who want to load $500 and can't do so because person 'A' triggered the velocity limit. Trust me it was about 7 minutes or so before I tried the 2nd swipe.

Its a pretty bad implementation if you ask me. The FD POS system should be coded to put limits based on the Serve card number swiped, not if people do 2 $500 transactions in a row. It would be embarrassing if someone was using their real debit card and got denied just because of this FD glitch. Again if FD is going to be a spot where Amex has advertised to the people that they can load Serve, this is going to be a huge headache for FD. They definitely need some changes if they want to keep this implementation.
Again, FD is no WM nor Target. It is an outfit geared to low-budget, low-spend folks.

On top of that, AMEX Serve is not aimed for MSers who simply take advantage of the product, but let's all admit it, the MSers are NOT the intended customers so why should the system to design around YOU?

Originally Posted by FTRox87
you do realize the vast majority of the intended folks loading at FD are not even gonna be close to $500 right? so there wont be an issue with person A and B.

its only an issue if person A is an MSer and so is B.
Exactly! Why would people want to take it to its limit the moment a new avenue opens up?!

Last edited by Happy; Jul 4, 2014 at 12:47 pm