FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ex-Mainland Europe Travel Planning Guide
View Single Post
Old Jul 4, 2014, 5:30 am
billinghamn

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by knoppster
Not sure if this is the correct thread to be asking, but here goes. (Great information in thread. Will be printing out and using in DUB ... and will try AMS next time)

I've got a TP run coming up in a few weeks time, and am debating whether to take luggage or not. My positioning flight to DUB I will only take hand luggage. DUB - LHR is Thu night. LCY/JFK on BA1 Fri. 2 nights in NYC hoping to take advantage of great exchange rate, including buying items which cannot be taken in hand luggage. JFK/LHR Sunday night on AA106, with 2 hour transfer to BA flight back to DUB on Monday. 50 minute turnaround from DUB to LHR, and I'd prefer to check my bag at T1 left luggage.

Will AA force me to check luggage through to DUB at JFK?

Thanks in advance! Looking forward to writing up first TP run report.
Good luck with the TP run - looking forward to reading your TR.

Unless you can organise your LHR-DUB flight for the following day after your JFK-LHR, then AA normally insist on checking your luggage all the way through, therefore through to DUB. I am sure some people have managed to wangle this with a nice check-in agent, but I don't believe it's the norm. That's also why (quite often) arriving back into a different London airport is quite good because you have to collect your luggage.