FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta In-flight meal/food service: The definitive thread — Archive
Old Jul 3, 2014, 11:52 pm
FlightNurse
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by BlaiseBOS
Here's one. PAX should expect that in Business Elite BOS to CDG that the French champagne listed would be served. Or another French champagne.

Guess what?

DL 243 on 28 APR 2014:

After having been offered champagne (in flight, so I'm not talking about any pre-flight stuff) I was brought a glass, tasted it, and knew that it wasn't champagne. So I asked the FA to bring the bottle to me. It was Spanish sparkling wine ("cava"). I said "that's not champagne; you're serving a maybe 12-buck beverage when the menu lists a $35 bottle?"

The FA just looked at me, perplexed at why I might object to that, and said "that's what they boarded, sir."

"That's extremely interesting. But that's not what I paid for, is it?"

FA stood there, dumbfounded.
DYKNIA !!

The FA was standing there telling you to go F**K yourself (in their mind)... As the FA stated, what is what was boarded, it was the FA job to check it out. Your beef was with DL not the FA...

The Lead FA did what they should have done, was to ignore you, since you were looking for a fight... Have you contacted DL to tell them of your disappointment?