FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NRT-HKG on Air Japan UA code share: Experiences
Old Jul 3, 2014, 1:22 pm
BH62

Programs: was UA 1K now Gold, cuz UA 1.3 MM; HA,DL,AS (no status in these), Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
I have found that even for codeshares it is possible to view the reservation - but in typical NH style the website is incredibly picky about how you enter in the name - and it all depends on how it was transmitted to NH by UA (if purchased on 016 stock). Sometimes you have to add your middle name to the first name all as one string, sometimes a middle initial, sometimes nothing - .
Had asked a UA agent about seating & she gave me an apparent NH locator & said that "they" arbitrarily gave us seats 33H & K. Since that's pretty much at the back of the bus I tried to go into the ANA website to change them since a seat map found via a dummy booking showed lots of forward availability. Tried all possible combinations of name(s), the(UA)ticket#, and that apparent NH locator, but nooooo. (sigh). Next step is to call the NH 1-800 number & see what's possible. Maybe I'll learn the secret for getting into the NH booking.

Added later: Struck out w/ ANA. Rep said there was no way to log in & select seats since "it's a code share". He "improved" the seats to 28HK & said that was the best that could be done (even though the dummy booking indicated available seats further forward ... sigh). So it is what it is.

Last edited by BH62; Jul 3, 2014 at 4:35 pm Reason: added info