FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Ink Business Card Questions [Archive]
Old Jul 2, 2014, 9:07 pm
sfmom

Originally Posted by ThatGirlEdie
Hi all.

My husband applied for an Ink Plus & Ink Bold last month. One he wanted to use to separate work expenses (airfare, flights) for easier reimbursement, & one he wanted for his fledgling freelance work. Both applications were pending for a couple of weeks, so he called in about the Ink Plus & received a rejection letter shortly after, citing "too many applications or accounts." These are the only two applications he has made since January & he has no accounts with Chase. He called the recon line & was told that his business is too new & they're looking for people who will be charging more than $3k on the card every month.

Was he truly rejected because he wouldn't be spending enough money on the card? Or does he just need to build a history with Chase & then go for the Signature cards?
I thought the rule of thumb was to only apply for one chase business card per cycle, and at most to apply for one business and one personal card. My parents both got Ink Bolds for a very modest business.