FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Halfway to Hawaii Contest ... [merged threads]
Old Jul 2, 2014, 7:47 pm
riphamilton

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
Originally Posted by zeus2120
UA Insider--- I expected better out of you. For the average passenger the game is not easy to "decode". How many flyertalk members or aviation gurus fly on the average 344 seat 777 to HNL? Everyone enjoyed the guessing part of the game. And what was the fun and exciting prize? A Hawaii what-to-see book? It was never about the prize. What it was about was the charisma on the flight to Hawaii--happy flight attendants and a jolly mood that paradise was a few hours away. Keep cutting, United, because distributing 344 pieces of halfway to hawaii paper per 777 must cut into the fuel budget.
could not have said it better. i hope the crews keep the tradition alive in spite of management, which is fast becoming a general theme of this airline. does UA really need a corporate sponsor to give away a mai tai (which i'm sure is one of the next cuts) to the winner? sad.