FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mini Report: The New SAS Plus ARN-TXL
View Single Post
Old Jul 2, 2014, 10:50 am
LH4116

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by thetravelingRedhead
interesting TR. If US airlines sold this type of catering in Y for TCON , Hawaii or other like flights, for a reasonable price, I would be all over it. I wonder how much it costs per unit.
For a $100 premium which includes extra legroom and a meal I'm sure they could bring in some profit. Doubt a boxed meal would cost the airline much.

Originally Posted by smit0847
Two of my favourite cities in Europe!

I like SAS. I know they're a bit old fashioned but there's something about the logical, clean, sensible, functionality of Scandanavia that really appeals to me. I had a fairly long layover in the SK OSL lounge last year and it was very pleasant - good food, peaceful atmosphere, light and airy, very friendly staff. Passengers were well dressed and well behaved.
Yes that summarizes Scandinavia pretty well. The Oslo lounge is a very pleasant place to spend a few hours. I find the catering and drink offerings to be more than sufficient, and the lounge offers a nice view over the terminal.

Originally Posted by AhogZ
Thanks for sharing, interesting findings. You mentioned "...as I get all the benefits (sans the free sandwich) courtesy of Star Gold..." does it mean if Staralliance Gold travels in SAS GO also receives the free sandwich?
No, Star Golds in SAS GO still have to pay for their sandwich. I rarely do since I always make sure to eat in the lounge.

Originally Posted by shefgab
Nice report Jonas. Great that you got an upgrade, although the new "business" class looks a bit half hearted. Why not have a proper business?
They got rid of their Business Class on European routes since nobody bought it. They carried on average 1% paid Business pax on every flight, so it made sense to get rid of it.

Originally Posted by themapelligroup
Nice one. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you for reading!