FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please Share iDine Bonuses [2005 - 2016]
View Single Post
Old Jul 1, 2014, 7:28 pm
KathyWdrf
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by sdsearch
I got the same 5 of $40 for 2500 that Jailer got. And for me, since I usually dine solo and never at fancy restaurants, it will have to be gift cards/gift certificates. Now to figure out which restaurants that I actually want to eat at repeatedly* have gift cards or gift certificates in amounts that add up to $40. (I eat a lot at one-off restaurants which often don't seem to have these.)

*In other words, it doesn't help that Pizza Hut has gift cards, since I don't want to actually eat there!
Some people use gift cards as, um, actual gifts.... so if you have a relative or friend who DOES like Pizza Hut, consider that a gifting opportunity that also benefits you!

I wish we had a thread on RN restaurants that have gift cards. Or maybe that bit of info could be added on the "Great iDine Restaurants" thread....

@:-)

EDIT: I have been researching gift card possibilities to help fulfill the AA "10 dines, 10,000 miles" bonus. I have found that some restaurants use a third party provider, e.g., OpenTable, for gift cards; Colibri in San Francisco (one of my favorite RN restaurants) does this. Somehow I doubt that such a purchase would qualify for RN credit, but has anyone tried purchasing these types of gift cards? To see what I'm talking about, go here: http://www.colibrimexicanbistro.com/ and click on "gift cards."

Last edited by KathyWdrf; Jul 1, 2014 at 8:00 pm