FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which Queue to Join at Airport Arrival in the U.K.?
Old Jul 1, 2014, 10:33 am
mandolino

Programs: Qantas LTG, BA-Blue, KLM -Gold, SAS - Silver
And don't get me started on landing cards for ILR holders - seems a total waste of time !
They are indeed.

Now I have the Biometric Residence Permit
, I have to use the non-EU/EEA queue anyway as they are they only ones at ABZ with the fingerprint scanner.

The whole rigmarole takes longer than before, and let's' not mention the five months the UKBA kept my new 2nd passport before issuing the card. I'd only sent it in to get the ILR stamp - I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition!

As one UK Immigration officer said to me at ABZ, "It'd have been better if they would just let you come and go on this card, but now you have two things to lose!"

I did forget it the first time I went abroad, and on my return they just typed in my details from my passport, found my file, and took my prints.

Russia, previously one of the worst offenders at entry paperwork, now has little printers at the entry desk and they just print out an landing card with your details which you sign.