FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Window shades *MUST* be down?
View Single Post
Old Jun 30, 2014, 5:43 pm
AS Flyer

Originally Posted by Chugach
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11D201 Safari/9537.53)

Fill out the survey at alaskalistens.com. I would be annoyed if it were me. The worst possible flight I can think of is the seat on front of you reclined on your knees and the window shade in your row shut. At least on a Q400 you don't have to worry about either.

I was on 143 about a month ago and the FA got on the intercom after we passed 10k feet and said, and I quote, "please press the button on your armrest and recline your seat". I sent feedback regarding my displeasure and got $50 in flight credit and a very apologetic letter saying that FA's should not be encouraging passengers in that way. AS does listen to that type of feedback.

I get that most people are going to recline their seat or shut the window shade regardless and that is just one of the hassles of flying (or perks if you like shutting the window shade), but sheesh they don't have to encourage it.
I've heard FA's make an announcement after takeoff to the effect of, "we invite you to recline your seat to a more comfortable position, relax and enjoy your flight". It's usually mentioned at the close of their 10,000 foot announcement. I see nothing wrong with this.