FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAN Business Class experience
View Single Post
Old Jun 30, 2014, 4:14 pm
LA310

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro, UA 1K
Originally Posted by postular
"Originally Posted by TravellingMan View Post
BTW it was interesting to note the number of friends and family members of FAs who got to move to Business class once the door was closed. They were more attentive to their needs than to the rest "

I take at least twenty-five LAN flights a year (mostly international) and have never seen this.
I take 1-2 LAX to LIM roundtrips a month and had also never seen this before...until last night. I was the only upgrade and after my assignment there were 5 open J seats in the 16 seat configuration. I am not sure how they decided to whom the seats would be given, but the FAs brought 5 people up from economy to fill J class. It seemed like a mix of friends (one FA was chatting with a couple she had brought forward) and empathetic selections (the gentleman seated next to me was elderly and it was obvious he didn't know any of the FAs, or why he was being upgraded for that matter). I found the whole thing pretty strange as it undermines one of the key perks of airline loyalty, but ultimately I didn't mind. If I had paid the J fare my reaction may have been a bit different though.