FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA F - Very Mediocre * LH Much Better
View Single Post
Old Jun 30, 2014, 7:06 am
munichmarcus

Programs: Marriott Platinum, UA Gold, DL Gold, BA Silver
1st time F on BA!

All I can say is: BA F is more like a Premium Business Product!

I did my 1st BA First 2 weeks ago, to get me the total Start to Finish I did stay a night at the Sofitel T5. The F check in was just doing a job, unfriendly at best. To walk back to almost mid to the Terminal to go through security and stand in between crying babies for 20 Minutes is not a F experience. The Concorde Room is nice, but not a utterly expansive First Class Lounge! The offerings are OK. The bathrooms are a joke and could be Economy Class on a 3rd world airport. Dirty and falling apart!
The hike to T5C is unacceptable for a F product and then to stand with again with a whole lot of people to be waiting to start a confused boarding.

The F seats are hard and give not so much space (like some Business Class Suites), while the décor is very nice.

My flight attendants have been fantastic! But 1 was kind of unprofessional and told me straight out that Kevin Spacey would be sitting beside of me in the nose of the 747. Also told me his real last name.
Food beside taking too long to get it started, was OK! It was all tasty and eatable...even the steak! The dessert was one of the best I have ever had!
The red wine selection is more Business then F! Whites wines are good and Champagne is excellent!
I loved the Tea service!
The PJ's are of bad quality!
The Amenity kit is fine!

Overall I have to say, LH has a real First Class Product in every way! Little details are not missed and provided, higher quality on everything! Also the First Lounges are a totally different world of luxury! Even Air France does a lot better then BA!

Will see how my flight back to Europe is tonight! Will post!!!