FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 24% 1K CPU rate (SFO-based) typical?
View Single Post
Old Jun 27, 2014, 8:26 am
spin88

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
No according to DidItClear - again, presuming to speak for everyone else. My upgrades in and out of SFO are much higher - 80%+ plus because of destination/timing. You don't speak for my experience in/out of SFO.
I can't believe no one has yet pointed out that you are flying (per your own post) out of Hawaii (I assume OGG). They you attack people flying ex-SFO for generalizing? I just have to point out that OGG-SFO is an easy upgrade. Might be the easiest in the system. its flown by a UA 757 at this point (no more widebodies) and has almost no business traffic. R is routinely open, and I have never not had a CPU clear on that route.

The person with the odd travel pattern is you, and that you can't see that is mindboggling to me.

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
My.Upgrades.In.And.Out.Of.SFO.Are.80+%. That is not relevant? Gee.

I think I took out everything else. What brings me down are the occasional non-CPUs between IAH and SFO. Again, routes and timing affect upgrade percentages, leading to different results for different people in/out of SFO. The differences between your CPU success and mine (both restricted to SFO flights) is a testament to that.

If you want to sit there and speak for most 1Ks and tell them that their CPU success rate is about 25%, that's pretty imperial of you.

Again, please post the data (besides yours) that support your assertion that most 1Ks have a 25% CPU success rate in/out SFO.
Almost everyone who has posted (and is not like you flying the very odd routing) ex-SFO is hitting in that range. A few odd ducks at this point, for example lots of capacity SFO-SEA at this point, so unless its a Friday/Monday/Sunday night flight, upgrades are fairly easy on that routing, and as noted above the Hawaii flights ex-SFO (except the 777 to HNL) are fairly easy upgrades, there may be a few other routes I'm not thinking of, but with (1) UAL handing out GS like candy to SFO corporate accounts, and (2) discounted Y/B/M corporate fares jumping the cue (often for far less $$$ than a non-managed E/H, etc) and (3) TODs upgrades ex-SFO on business routes are a bad joke at this point. Its why a lot of unmanaged fliers ex-SFO have gone to VX (better service) or DL/AA (upgrades and better service).

Originally Posted by Pointlessly_1K
I fly SFO-ORD, SFO-SAN, SFO-PHX, and SFO-EWR on a frequent basis, and my success rate this year is 6.6%.
Very typical for those routes.

Originally Posted by 1KPath
As a GS out of LAX, I am only 8 of 23 (~35%)...most of these are LAX-IAD or LAX-BOS. With AA, I am 19 out of 20 to ORD, BOS and NYC (I missed one because of a broken seat...AA in BOS gave me a whole row for myself and fed and watered me...well, maybe something a little stronger...the whole flight!...I did not miss F!!)

All I can say is for this GS, the difference has been dramatic!
Also not untypical on those routes. As a SFO based GS I did not clear on SFO-PHL, SFO-IAD, and SFO-BOS at times.

Originally Posted by higgsjoa
I am 0/12 for CPU on domestic segments flying out of SFO as a 1k so far this year. I haven't cleared R-space either.
again not untypical if you are flying all major business routes.

Originally Posted by trini19
I am running a rate of around 95% each week or every other week from IAH-PHL-IAH.....usually Thursday or Friday late flight from IAH and 545 am on Monday morning from PHL.
This surprises me - a lot. I go to PHL a lot, and have looked at the IAH connections to avoid the impossible upgrades on SFO-PHL (on the A319). yet, R never shows on those flights, and I have been stuck in Y on the IAH-PHL or PHL-IAH leg on the late flight. Perhaps my experience is different as you are doing the opposite trip than I am (you are going IAH-PHL, rather than the other way for me).