FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott-family hotels in Manhattan (NYC) (thru Oct. 2018) [Merged threads]
Old Jun 26, 2014, 8:09 pm
bosman

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by Jan778
My husband and I are planning to redeem a one week Marriott level 7 hotel certificate for a trip to NYC in May, 2015. The level 7 hotels that we can (theoretically) choose from are:
1) SpringHill Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Fifth Avenue
2) Courtyard New York Manhattan/Herald Square
3) Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West
4) Courtyard New York Manhattan/Midtown East
5) Courtyard New York Manhattan/Chelsea
6) Courtyard New York Manhattan/Central Park
7) Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Central Park
8) Courtyard New York Manhattan/Upper East Side
9) New York Marriott Downtown
We would be doing the usual tourist things, including Broadway plays, and are comfortable with lots of walking and using the subway. We are Marriott Platinum and can take advantage of the concierge lounge if available at the hotel.
Any advice would be appreciated.
I recently stayed at 2) Courtyard New York Manhattan/Herald Square and loved the location. I liked the Herald Square feel and it's a reasonable walk to either Times Square of the Flatiron District. Rooms are normal for NYC (ie small) and the hotel lobby is on the 3rd floor (or so). The staff was really friendly and helpful. I was only there for one night so did not use any of the hotel resources, but overall would stay there again when in the area.

Hope that helps