FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific – Chicago (ORD) Lounge
View Single Post
Old Jun 26, 2014, 4:16 pm
Beard Papa

Originally Posted by LondonIce
I considered heading across the hall for the dining room, but decided to save room for the food onboard.

There isn't a particular aircraft assigned to the route, so it is luck of the draw whether you will have a refreshed cabin. I've flown both and, while the refresh is nice, there isn't a radical change with the new product. Others may disagree.
I'm curious whether the Dining Room is even open at noon, and if CX contracted it out as part of their deal to use BA's lounges, or if it opens at 2-3:00p when BA F pax start arriving for the later BA flights. I've seen pictures of the food offerings at the Terraces Lounge but nothing recent. I'm just trying to establish what my options will be.

Originally Posted by dchen2
I agree the F refresh isn't that significant compared to "not so old" F. The advantage of newer surfacing and Bose branded noise canceling headsets in refreshed F is negated somewhat by the finicky and clunky user interface of the touchscreen seat controls for me.

Despite the minor niggles, either version of CX F longhaul is a great way to fly!
Understood. But it's nice to get a refresh in any manner rather than sit on the same upholstery that's seen 1k+ backsides and been worn thin to the fiber.

Also, you are the second person who has mentioned the touchscreen controls being unintuitive. I've seen images; what's so difficult about using them?