FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to: Use AA Miles to Book Award on Etihad / EY (Archive - 2015 and earlier)
Old Jun 26, 2014, 12:41 pm
Duke787
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by powerslide
Well, that's strange. 2 hours after I posted this, my reservation went back to "On Request" and I received a call from AA about the reservation. The call was automated and I couldn't talk at that moment. Called EXP desk later to look into it. Long story short, the agent said the person who looks over award bookings was out today and he/she needed to go over it. There was nothing wrong with any of the flights and the agent was confident nothing would be cancelled or changed. She said it would be a couple of days, maybe early next week, before it was ticketed (for real this time, I hope! ). Fingers crossed (despite assurances).
Having come from UA, the way AA goes about reviewing and approving award tickets is odd to me but I wouldn't be overly concerned. It took nearly 23 hours for AA to ticket LGA - ORD - NRT on JL F (with BA showing that there were actually 2 F award seats and I was only taking 1) and that's a much closer partner than EY