FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FCO to Rome transportation options
View Single Post
Old Jun 26, 2014, 8:03 am
PWMTrav

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
Thanks PWMTrav.

This is exactly what I was looking for and with this information I can better formulate what we do when we get there so I appreciate what you posted.

No I dont think I was asking people to spoon feed or google for me--sorry if my post looks that way-- I was looking for tid bits from people like yourself who have been thru there and know things I may not otherwise find. Hence one of the big reasons for FT.

In other areas such as the MS forum I too help many with things that seem obvious to some but are not always attainable by others. So it goes around and comes around. We all have knowledge of stuff that we share here.

Anyway thank you.

mm

Ps non stop alitalia is BOS-FCO but Ill look at terminals.

I guess the main premise of my post was to have people say things like, Oh we were just at FCO last month and we found this located here and that located there. This is the sort of thing I would tell people in here if I knew the airport and it was asked of me.
All good, glad to help. You said something about DL status, which led me to believe you were flying Delta - their only route that I know of was ATL-FCO so I figured you booked an award or something. I haven't yet flown the AZ BOS-FCO route because it doesn't exist during the cold winter months that I like to escape Maine and go to Italy. Please come back and let us know how it was - we flew AF J - BOS-CDG-FLR with our 18 month old and it went really well. That airline does very well with kids, on the ground and in the air. The next trip will likely be in coach, though, because all of the "old" business products that actually let 3 of you sit together are going away!

Anyhow, you'll know what I mean when I tell you to just get the hell out of FCO and to the hotel. The lounges, which you can't access from the sterile arrivals area anyway, are about as nice as that arrival hall itself. Our last time through, I just hit the first ATM I saw for some cash, then got us in a cab. With luggage and more than one person, taking the train stops making sense.

Depending on what you like to eat, there's a place that I enjoyed a couple years ago fairly close to your hotel - maybe 5-10 min walk - Ristorante Tullio. The location draws a fair share of tourists, but I wouldn't describe it as tourist food. They do a nice job.