FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FCO to Rome transportation options
View Single Post
Old Jun 25, 2014, 4:22 pm
Perche

Programs: AA EXP >4 MM, Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
When my wife and I have traveled alone we don't care and can figure things out as we go. Usually. But with the kiddos (6 & 8) it has to be right or fight.

We fly into Rome on DL and arrive 9 July at 12:40pm local time.
I have no status with DL.
While they may serve eats on this flight as morning turns to mid day (I dunno, never flown into EU that late in the day--am accustomed to earlier flights with just a brekky snack at best) we figure our first order of business should be to get food. Maybe right IN the FCO terminal.

Then we wish to use Uber to get us from there to the Westin Excelsior.

You need a cell connection or wifi to get the service and order your car. I have actually never used them but would like to on this trip. Heard good things like how they have nice clean lux cars or vans with bottles of cold water, etc. I dunno. That would be nice if true.

Wife has Amex Plat Biz which does give lounge access in some places.
We both have AA Exec citi cards which give access in One World lounges.
Wife also has Priority Pass which gives access in some places too.

I started to think of using airport lounges (many do not nec require that you fly that airline to use the lounge if you have the above means to get entry) for a free entry for at least some of our party of 2 adults and 2 kiddos. And airport lounges have ways and means to refresh and get a bit of some food, and also mostly have wifi.

So the question is...

Does anyone know things like where said lounges are, if they have access with those CCs, if they have wifi, and food, and all that noise?

If so, we can freshen up after the flight, grab our things and call or use the mobile app for Uber and be on our way!

There was talk of the train system but unless I am mistaken it's not just right next door to the airport to get to it, and crowded hot trains in July would stink in more ways than one. After all this IS the beginning of our lux trip!

We are not set on my plan but given the situation, something like it would make sense. Thanks for any tips!

MM

On the 11th we go back to the airport (may use Uber again and have arranged them from the hotel this time) and then fly to Greece then later Denmark and finally to Holland.

I will be back home in time for the BOS DO and my family stays a bit longer in Holland with other family there.
Can you narrow this down?