FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station {NLD}
Old Jun 25, 2014, 9:47 am
baccarat_king

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
LOL. I think the Waldorf London has mac's in their EL and I get by fine Fortunately I just need to enter some numbers on a grid on a website

I had another question on this property and I know you are a Delta/KLM frequent flyer. If I have a 10:10 AM flight on KM from AMS to LHR and am already upgraded to business class and a Delta Diamond and taking the train to AMS, about what time should I leave the hotel?
If I have no bags to check, I like to arrive at AMS 1 hour prior to departure +/-.

I'd say, to play it safe, and to keep it simple; just be going out the door of the DoubleTree walking to the train station 2 hours prior to departure (so, around 08:10). If you prefer some potential time in the lounge; or worry about times, then out the door 2.5 hours.

I "sort of" adhere to the lifetime time saved cutting it close/versus time wasted always showing up too early is worth it to me. But, on occasion, I prefer to just work and smoke a cigar in the KLM lounge prior to departure (so I get to the airport early). But, many of these times I show up early, I have an upgrade that needs to be processed and/or I have bags to check.