FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Executive AA MasterCard [October 2013 - September 2014]
Old Jun 24, 2014, 7:58 pm
Brugge

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by maddie5218
Data point: there was nothing he could do and that he was really sorry...He said that my inquiries were below 6, but that I have 13 new accounts this year and so it was unfortunately a no for this card. I would trust what he says as a supervisor more than just the regular agents, so I'm thinking this is a pretty good indication to people that were wondering that maybe it really is new accounts more than inquiries that they will deny for.
Sorry to hear that Maddie, I know how discouraging that feels. Unlike my post just above this one, I'm pretty sure the supervisors we both spoke to, who tried so hard to get us approved, but ultimately failed, knew what they were talking about. The breaking point with Citi used to be "too many HPs", which if your history with Citi was stellar, could be overruled. Now the breaking point is "too many new accounts", and they can't overrule that no matter how hard they try.

One thing I'm curious about, since it directly relates to my next apps with Citi in August: When you said "13 new accounts this year", did you mean 13 new accounts in the last 12 months, or 13 apps since January 1st 2014?