FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Guests in Emirates Lounge
View Single Post
Old Jun 24, 2014, 1:13 am
ukdoctor

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
With the greatest respect ukdoctor, what I have said about EK sending warning letters to staff because of pax not getting on flights is not nonsense - I would ask you go and talk to receptionists about that in a quiet moment if you don't believe me. This is the reason why some are reluctant to let you into a lounge that is not on your departure concourse. What happens when a pax misses his or her flight (and yes, I think that at DXB the management policy is quite absurd, considering pax may enter the lounge, leave to go shopping and then go to the gate late missing their flight - it happens) is that if that pax has checked into a lounge before their flight but doesn't show up at the gate and there's no other reason why, management will go back and check to see at which station the BP was scanned at - and the staff member who was logged into that station at the time is going to get a warning on their file. The fact there is no lounge exit check making this policy quite unreasonable doesn't preclude EK from having it...!
I pity the lounge staff. Having to do the impossible.All they need is a BP check on exit and its sorted. Can however backfire as it could hold up pax late for a flight . Time to put trackers in the BP's