FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Guests in Emirates Lounge
View Single Post
Old Jun 24, 2014, 1:00 am
eternaltransit

Originally Posted by ukdoctor
That's nonsense. EK does not have a clue on who is still inside. They only log pax going in but there is no exit check. (In fact ,I cant think of any lounge which does an exit check)Unless they have put some miniature tracking device into the boarding pass.

I agree that there should be a check on who is inside and who is outside (for fire regs etc).

Also there are several entrances to lounges.(J lounge in B concourse has at least 3 AFAIK). They do have another layer of dragons doing a secondary check of the BP's at some entrances (if you look dodgy)

I have to admit that its easier for the dragons at outstations to keep track as the pax volumes are lower and there are usually a couple of hours between each EK flight.I have seen them do a manual sweep of the lounge and ask pax which flight they are on so that they can ensure that they are not missing their flight.This is obviously impossible at DXB.
With the greatest respect ukdoctor, what I have said about EK sending warning letters to staff because of pax not getting on flights is not nonsense - I would ask you go and talk to receptionists about that in a quiet moment if you don't believe me. This is the reason why some are reluctant to let you into a lounge that is not on your departure concourse. What happens when a pax misses his or her flight (and yes, I think that at DXB the management policy is quite absurd, considering pax may enter the lounge, leave to go shopping and then go to the gate late missing their flight - it happens) is that if that pax has checked into a lounge before their flight but doesn't show up at the gate and there's no other reason why, management will go back and check to see at which station the BP was scanned at - and the staff member who was logged into that station at the time is going to get a warning on their file. The fact there is no lounge exit check making this policy quite unreasonable doesn't preclude EK from having it...!