FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is your CPU success IAH-DEN Dreamliner?
Old Jun 23, 2014, 11:07 pm
mgcsinc

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by mkr
Yes, mgcsinc, I do understand, and I know you are trying to help. I think we are talking about a misunderstanding in semantics.

I have been flying since the 70s. I know all about Expert Mode. I know they can zero out certain fare buckets on certain flights and then they do not sell those fares. If they do not sell them, I cannot buy them. I also know they can open up those fare buckets, if they choose, at a later date for sale.

What I was asking drowelf or anyone else is if they noticed any kind of pattern when UA might open up the L fares for sale on IAH-DEN for the Dreamliner. I am assuming drowelf got the L fare for this segment for the Dreamliner by the response posted.

I have read about how UA is trying a new strategy by not releasing the lower fare buckets way in advance of certain flights. They are trying to sell the higher fares way in advance of the flight. This may be a case of that. They know that the Dreamliner is probably always filling up, so they do not sell the lower fares.
Okay. You're talking about availability then, not fares. When you say things like "open up the L fares for sale on IAH-DEN for the Dreamliner," it's very confusing.