FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is your CPU success IAH-DEN Dreamliner?
Old Jun 23, 2014, 10:51 pm
mkr
Suspended

Location: Just outside Big D, or many other places in big metal tubes
Programs: WN Rpd.Rwrds, AA, was longtime CO very top Elite tier, Overentitled UA Lifetime 1K (since 2012)
Originally Posted by mkr
Thanks mgcsinc, for your referral to the article. I am already aware of the nuance between published fares and availability. Nothing lower than a T fare FOR SALE for the Dreamliner has been showing up in my searches for IAH-DEN.

drowelf said upthread that he/she got a CPU at 96 hours out on the Dreamliner on an L fare IAH-DEN on a Sunday back in May.

I asked him/her to expound, but he/she has not yet had another post. I am not questioning the validity of the post. I do not know from feedback so far from drowelf or anyone else if and when L fares are sold (ANYMORE) for the IAH-DEN leg on the Dreamliner.

As you possibly already know, after arriving in DEN from IAH, the Dreamliner goes on to NRT (Japan). I have not seen any L fares for IAH-NRT, nor from DEN-NRT.

So I asked drowelf for more feedback about the L fare on which the CPU was obtained for IAH-DEN.
Originally Posted by mgcsinc
Sigh. Are you using expert mode? Is the problem a lack of availability? It sounds like it. It does not sound like a lack of a fare.
Yes, mgcsinc, I do understand, and I know you are trying to help. I think we are talking about a misunderstanding in semantics.

I have been flying since the 70s. I know all about Expert Mode. I know they can zero out certain fare buckets on certain flights and then they do not sell those fares. If they do not sell them, I cannot buy them. I also know they can open up those fare buckets, if they choose, at a later date for sale.

What I was asking drowelf or anyone else is if they noticed any kind of pattern when UA might open up the L fare buckets for sale on IAH-DEN for the Dreamliner. I am assuming drowelf got the L fare for this segment for the Dreamliner by the response posted.

I have read about how UA is trying a new strategy by not releasing the lower fare buckets way in advance of certain flights. They are trying to sell the higher fares way in advance of the flight. This may be a case of that. They know that the Dreamliner is probably always filling up, so they do not sell the lower fares.

Last edited by mkr; Jun 23, 2014 at 11:12 pm