FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Guide to MNL / Manila Ninoy Aquino International Airport [Merged thread]
Old Jun 23, 2014, 11:18 am

International-to-international connecting flight in Manila

Hi,

I am planning on booking a flight from Hong Kong to San Francisco, and Philippine Airlines advertises a flight with a 2h20min connection in Manila - both arriving and leaving from Terminal 2 (arriving 20:10, leaving 22:30). I had a few questions I was hoping some knowledgeable people could shed some light on:

1) With a through-ticket, would 2h20min be enough time to make the connection?
2) Do they try to maintain the advertised connection (e.g. if arriving flight is a little late and they know it will arrive soon), or will the departing flight just leave when it's time?
3) If you miss your connecting flight, do they put you on the next flight? (presumably 24 hours later)
4) Do you have to clear customs or can you go straight to your next gate?
5) Do your bags get checked through automatically or do you collect them? Do you have to go through security again?
6) Do you have to pay the Manila terminal fee? (and, more importantly, spend time to do so!)

Sorry for all the questions, I'm trying to decide how risky it is to do this - thanks a lot!

Greg