FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Passport cards and TSA: 2014 update?
View Single Post
Old Jun 22, 2014, 2:53 pm
WillCAD

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards. Tha... that's about it.
Originally Posted by TSAPressSec
You are correct, and I do apologize. I should have done a better job explaining the use of these cards for ID purposes at the TDC vs TSA Pre✓™ access.

Moving forward, I will be clear and concise in my responses.
And ya STILL have not yet said whether valid US passport cards are acceptable ID for domestic air travel, which the TSA link and quote I posted earlier shows that they are. But fer cryin' out loud, why are you being so outrageously evasive? All you had to do was type a single sentence: "Valid US passport cards are acceptable ID for domestic air travel." Eleven little words. Sixty-six characters. Short enough to be Tweeted without even abbreviating any of the words. And yet...

By the way - and this is very important - I did not challenge you to be "clear and concise". I challenged you to be clear and precise.

Precision is more important than brevity. We need straight, complete, clear answers, not sound bytes that generate more questions than they answer.

So, therefore, let us revisit the original question that is the topic of this thread: Are valid US passport cards acceptable as ID for domestic air travel?

66 characters. That's all we're looking for. Yes, I know I have already posted the answer. I just want to see YOU acknowledge that answer definitively. I certainly appreciate the apology and the contrition, but I'd rather have straight answers than sackcloth and ashes.