FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2014
View Single Post
Old Jun 22, 2014, 1:33 pm
adrianjc32

Originally Posted by jmc1K
Quote:

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia

They don't have to be horrible. Why not try them and report back on how they are?

It does seem daft but I guess in some countries they have beef bacon so maybe it's an attempt at inclusiveness, rather than for the mass audience.

I'll reserve judgement on taste until I have a go at them, but it still reads like a menu from an uninspired canteen, (save for the asparagus, which is a nice touch and hopefully large full ones as opposed to the miniatures they serve in F.)

I understand BA doesn't want to go upscale, but the food situation altogether with the airline continues to be fairly tone deaf.

As for the bacon, those beef bacon countries tend to have signs reminding visitors to adapt to local culture or else. Inclusiveness as a two way street is a fine thing. When it is one sided, it's a different story.
I've tried both and both were beautiful. The mackerel on cucumber toast was stunning (if you enjoy seafood) and the ham hock terrine was really lovely. Not sure when you were last inside (and i I'll assume never) but I seriously doubt they are serving this! (Reminds me if the naked gun scene with the wine being served at the wrong temperature causing a prison riot).
To Fly, To Serve......
The views that I express on here are my own and may differ to those of my employer, British Airways