FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Evolve Money
Thread: Evolve Money
View Single Post
Old Jun 22, 2014, 11:30 am
FullMoonMadness

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I just got an email stating that my WF mortgage account is suspended until 7/1. The mortgage is $1170. I did 3 payments using Staples Visa gift cards on Friday night ($200, $199.99, $200) and 1 payment of $570 using PP business debit MC on Saturday morning. That's a total of 4 payments. I submitted 4 payments for another WF mortgage (diff account number) last weekend, but that should have nothing to do with this account. Those payments (with OV) went through with no suspension.

Any thoughts on why I got suspended? Now I'm not sure how to proceed after 7/1. I followed their rules. Also, for those who got the suspension email, did your payments for that month at least go through?
I just received an email that only the account for my car loan was suspended until next month, not my Evolve account as a whole. I can still pay other bills, just not the car loan. I made 4 payments per the rules and stopped there.

For the record, this is my first use of Evolve, so my theory is only based on things I've read over the last few weeks: My impression is they didn't send out warnings the first time they started suspending accounts. So the email we received was their way of warning you.

I don't think there is any danger here, they are being proactive to avoid angering their customers... at least that is how I'm reading it.