FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Toronto Downtown {CAN}
Old Jun 21, 2014, 1:20 pm
NYC2TheWorld

Programs: UA 1K, National Car EE, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Platnium/Lifetime Silver
I stayed there the beginning of June and wasn't impressed.

Now I arrived at 11AM, so I understand that check-in is not until 3PM. However if you have a room available, it would be nice to give it to a Diamond Guest. Check in agent (I believe it was the front desk manager - I know they had some sort of managerial title) before even looking at my reservation said "We don't have anything available check-in isn't until 3PM". I did not say a word while he continued to look up my reservation. Finally he saw my status and say "I see that you are a Diamond member, let me find a room for you." All I said was "Thank you".

So that was pretty rude. I can totally understand if the hotel has no rooms ready and am totally flexible in those situations. However, to open your mouth before you see the reservation just set the tone for dealing with the staff.

Since I checked in early I didn't mind if I got an upgrade or not so I can't comment about that. My room did have a view of the CN tower (if you turned your neck so maybe I did get "upgraded" but otherwise was a standard sized room.

The rooms and lobby were very good looking and the hotel from the inside did not looked rundown at all.

I would stay there again however I am staying at the HGI mentioned in a previous reply to compare/contrast the two in about 2 weeks.