FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [FARE GONE] DTW-NGO $272.27 13642 miles 1.9cpm ai rt
Old Jun 20, 2014, 5:13 pm
Flinders

Programs: DL FO; A3 *G; AA PLT; et cetera
Originally Posted by redreeper
Am I the only one getting the Illustrated Man's tatoos/skin illustrations arguement here? I am, right?

I'm thinking to drop off the last leg on return - YYZ - DTW and purchase YYZ-EWR. It will save me an overnight in DTW and a 5 hr layover. I've bugged out on the last leg of a domestic but never intl before, any issues I'm not seeing here? I know I could be subject to schedule changes this far ahead as well, or not so much on this itinerary...? My DL $0 holy base fare from God EWR-LIH has had 4 schedule changes so far, and it's not until Sept...so I'm skittish.

I'm so lost on the mileage earning potential here and how/where to even credit it. I'm AC/Air Macau/ANA. A dropped leg would forfeit any miles? Any info appreciated.

I'm going to pimp my trip and try to BRG my DTW/NGO nights, if I get anything valid I will share in the DO thread.

I'm thinking about doing something similar. I posted over in the AC forum about how long it would take to transfer between T1 and T3 at YYZ, and in the alternative, how aggressive AC is on policing duplicate bookings (e.g. a return flight to WAS that leaves about the same time as my originally booked DTW flight...were it domestic, I'd simply leave my FF# off the duplicate booking and retroclaim, and there wouldn't be an issue, but I'm concerned with the passport data on the two YYZ-USA segments matching and flagging something to AC).

Miles usually post on a segment-by-segment basis. Dropping the last one shouldn't be an issue.