FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Denied boarding because didn't have Visa for China, though only connecting there.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 12:38 am
LilAbner

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
Transiting through Thailand I knew I did not need a visa (UK passport) but I still printed out the visa rules as you just need to get one numpty GA/immigration official on a power trip and it is game over. No, I shouldn't have to do this, but the more savvy of us will just in case.
I get your point and from someone that lived in BKK they'll tell you where you can shove your visa rules (point first) AND THERE AIN'T MUCH THAT YOU CAN DO IF THEY WANT TO PUSH THE ISSUE.

I've had baggage allowance rules in hand many times and it's up to the individual supervisor as to how much you are going to be allowed to check in, without going to the payment dept, on your domestic flight after coming in on an international flight. The only thing that has ever save 3 LilAb's with 9X70 lbs checked all the way from LAS-SFO-NRT-BKK-KKC is a discussion with the super from my wife in the sane LAO dialect as the village up country.