FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MO Purchases using OV @ WM
View Single Post
Old Jun 19, 2014, 9:31 pm
Fuerza

Programs: AA, SPG, MR, UR, Cash Back!
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
what you are saying twists what I have said and makes no sense at all.

what I am saying is that people who do not commit to doing this will have less or no chance. people who do commit to this and go heavy at it will.

A heavy user will fly to other cities, test and have time to try out other things, and invest effort to find and use other methods. Light users will not be able to do this for one reason or another.

heavy hitting does not kill deals. not if you know how to spread it out amongst many places and in many ways and not centralize your efforts. It is stupid heavy hitting that kills things, but not heavy hitting in itself. You are not talking from experience here, I can tell.

I have been able to do upwards of $400k spend on one cc in a month in more than 2 months in a row and not burned out any one location of buy or burn. I had to do a ton of driving around and maybe needed new brakes and shocks later, but that COST of doing business was well worth prolonging the fact that I can still use all those places and some even wonder where the heck I have been now that I am not doing that ammt of spend right now.
+1!

It's the cost of business. In reality though all will eventually end. I thought I was heavy hitting but I'm a small dog, in reality even my small volume is time consuming. The other day I had a plan to make a 'run' as I like to call it. It seem like everything went wrong. On MO location CSR said Cash only, even though I went there the day prior, next location was having computer issues. 3rd time was the charm. 2 hours went by dealing with my issues. Well that was than, I was fed up and ready to go home. I couldn't image having to move $400k. I've moved about $40k so far this month and have decided to slow my roll till all this stuff pans out.