FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What to Expect in UA Business Class to CUN/Cancun (seat, lounge, meals, amenities,..)
Old Jun 19, 2014, 6:10 pm
IAH-OIL-TRASH
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by caseminole
Crew was excellent.

The experience itself wasn't.

My initial point is that why shouldn't the experience be a bit better. Everyone on the flight is going on vacation. To a foreign country. Cmon.

I don't care that the experience might be the same on DL or AA.

I just think its an easy improvement to make
The reality you are missing is that leisure destination routes don't carry a lot of higher-fare paying business travelers and margins tend to be lower. They're not going to spend money to improve the experience on these types of flights and it doesn't matter if it's domestic or international. A prime example is the Hawaii flights. They fly some int'l configuration planes there but don't offer the same amenities they do if that was a EWR-LHR route. Why? Because the average fare is higher between EWR-LHR than between DEN-OGG. There are plenty of people who will pay $6000 EWR-LHR, not many that will pay even $3000 DEN-OGG, about the same distance. That's why there are so many upgrades to Hawaii and Mexico. Those cabins are full of upgraders wondering why they aren't being treated royally. You yourself were flying on a coach fare (as probably were just about everyone else in the cabin) and you expect an int'l experience? You need to fly a flight where most of the cabin is paying front cabin fares - then UA will give you the international amenities.

About the best you can expect is a Mexican beer choice. Was there one?