FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - T-Mobile Visa Prepaid - Bluebird Competitor for MS! (May not load w/CC)
Old Jun 19, 2014, 1:42 pm
caljr

Originally Posted by heyeaglefn
The problem is, it isn't cash if it has a card listed, and that is probably what they are looking for.

If you are sending them receipts of your Reloadit purchases, they have to be trying to identify the stores that are not selling as cash only.
this is an interesting point. i dont get why they would care what form anyone paid for the reloadit, in the store.

as long as, for example, grocery storeX takes 500 from you, plus the fee, and hands that 500 over to them, why would they care cash vs non cash.

if they have a concern that people are paying for a reloadit with non-cash, they should know where any particular card was sold/loaded. i would guess that worst case they would know that they handed over a range of cards to grocery storeX and that the non-cash sales were being done there. for example, if they only got 500-cc processing fees, then i could see them being pissed. but how likely is it that they cant tell where the cards are being sold for non-cash, and talk to their partners and put the hammer down?

if, the dolts actually didnt or dont have a firm agreement with their vendors, that cash and cash only is allowed, why not pull the cards from non complying vendors?

more likely, knowing the dickishness of bancorp, that they are just being dicks? they just want to lock up your $$ for contraventions of their unwritten code of dickadishu justice and random bank rules they didnt think about first before rolling out products.