FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Renaissance Hotel, Asheville, NC [Master Thread]
Old Jun 18, 2014, 5:29 pm
greenskin

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Renaissance Hotel, Asheville, NC [Master Thread]

Dissapointed with my recent stay in the Asheville, N.C. renaissance.

I booked for a morning arrival (reserved a room Sunday night for a 6am Monday arrival). Called the front desk on Sunday to remind them of the late arrival.

Arrived and was told that I was a no-show. I reminded them that I had a morning arrival in the notes - they found that and then told me that they would see if they could accomodate me "anyway" in a tone that clearly indicated that it was my fault. Whatever, I got a room.

I showered, changed, and went to my meeting. At lunchtime I called down to the front desk and said that my flight out the next day was later in the day, and asked if I could check out late. The clerk (different from the check-in clerk) asked when I wanted to check out. I said, "Well, my flight is at about 4:00," and he immediately interrupted me and said "you can't stay until 4:00." I said I was thinking about 2:00 so I could have time to get to my flight. He told me that he would have to charge a half-day rate if I stayed until 2:00 and that the best he could do was 12:00, but I could leave my bag there so I could "walk around downtown." - I actually had work to do, including conference calls, so the next day I checked out at noon and parked myself in the lounge to work.

The lounge was fine, but the refrigerator was understocked and quickly ran out of product at both breakfast and during the day. In fact, the soda I pulled out at breakfast was warm, having just been restocked. They did serve sausage links for breakfast, which makes me happy, but the evening snack was dissappointing.

Room and desk were both a bit on the small side of standard. Lighting was poor - which I find annoying and standard these days.

Overall, I would have been just as happy, if not happier, at a courtyard. IMHO, not worth the price.