FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Boarding Area's Fall
View Single Post
Old Jun 18, 2014, 4:58 pm
84fiero

Programs: Tegridy Elite
I've thought the same thing. There's such a quantity vs. quality disparity. For that matter, I gave up (i.e., too lazy) trying to count how many total bloggers they have listed.

I don't know how a newcomer to the site would ever find a blog or two that they like and identify with unless they really were motivated to trudge through each one. I'd imagine the blogs that are most commonly on the front page would catch the most newbie fish.

Maybe if they were categorized but I'm not sure what categorization methods would work, or if that would even matter since so many just repeat the same things (did you know there are some limited time CC offers out there, or that AA is reducing its 772 business seat quantity??)

Now they have some foreign language blogs, which is fine though I'm not sure if they offer anything unique - I suppose they may not pimp CCs since that's such a U.S. based phenomenon.

Like the OP, I don't see the value in everything that's been added. Apparently their formula is Miles & Points Blog + Characteristic X = Great New Content, where Characteristic X is some supposedly unique "perspective" (running, Canadian, pixie dust, etc). Which in theory sounds good, but I generally don't see their content really bringing much different to the table.

I only read a couple BA blogs regularly.

What about First2Board.com? I've admittedly only read a few blogs there on occasion, mostly Mr Pickles. How do folks feel it compares to BA in some of these areas?