FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IHG or Hotel censoring negative reviews?
View Single Post
Old Jun 18, 2014, 11:48 am
MikeinBL

Have Exact Same Problem!

I have the exact problem with posting a review on their web site. Here was my review (which Tripadvisor posted with no problem).

Stayed here for 3 nights June 5-7. 2014. Nice size room with full-size refrigerator and stove even though I had no need of them. However, the bed spread had food stains on it. Decided not to say anything as I remove bed spreads in hotels anyway. Needed ice to replenish a cooler, so went in search of an ice machine. Finding none, I inquired at the front desk about where to find ice. Was told they did not have an ice machine, but was told I had a conventional ice-maker in the refrigerator in my room. I checked the ice-maker only to find it turned off and no ice. Went back to the front desk and the receptionist said she could provide me ice from the employees ice-maker if I brought a container to place it in. I returned with the container and was given the equivalent of about one tray of ice.

Having been gone all day the following day, we returned to our room around 5:00 pm and found the beds had not been made nor the room and bathroom maintained in any way. I called the front desk to ask if housekeeping would provide standard room maintenance. Was advised that this was an extended stay hotel and sheets were changed every 6 days or we could bring our sheets to the front desk in 3 days to be replaced. I advised the receptionist that nowhere on their signage or web site does it say they are an extended stay facility. She agreed with me.

While I have no trouble making my bed at home, I expect a little pampering when I travel. Had the hotel publicized their policies I would have selected another hotel as there were plenty to choose from in the area. Even the budget hotels provide basic services and amenities.

I have no problem with extended stay facilities (use them sometimes on business trips), but I thought I was booking a full service hotel and no where do they say they’re not. At best, their actions were misleading; at worse, deceitful. Candlewood is providing a disservice to its customers, both those seeking an extended stay facility and those who are looking for a full service facility. They need to clearly state their policies."

In my case, they said the use of another hotel name was not allowed. I was invited to revise the review and they gave me a link to their web site. This link only sent me to the original web site. There is not way to revise the review so I reposted under another name but first removing the hotel name and substituting the name with "budget hotels".

This review was also rejected due to "irrelevant or inappropriate content...". I sent three e-mails to them requesting (1) how do you revise a previously submitted review - 2 e-mails, (2) asking what was "irrelevant or inappropriate content".

All three e-mails were responded to by saying:

"Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed:

[email protected]

Message will be retried for 2 more day(s)

Technical details of temporary failure:
The recipient server did not accept our requests to connect.

Ultimately it rejected all three e-mails.

Clearly, they have no interest in addressing their customers concern and only post the positive feedback.